Travel Advice/Travel Tips - Low
Voltage Device use during international travel
If you will be taking rechargeable, low voltage electronics (e.g.
small radios, alarms, or PDA’s) during a vacation outside of the U.S.,
you will need to acquire a power converter that works with low voltage
- Most power converters are designed to work with high voltage
appliances (irons, travel steamers, some hair dryers) and will not power
or recharge low voltage appliances (a low voltage appliance is one
that requires less than 50 watts of power to operate).
If you are confused about watts and voltages, help is at hand.
- Franzus offers an Autoadjust Smart Converter that automatically
senses whether a device requires high or low voltage and switches to the
correct voltage for use or recharging.
- Franzus Model TS 1650E contains the Autoadjust converter and a set
of five adapter plugs for use in various countries.
- Other models include a switch that allows you to select either
high or low voltage, as appropriate.
- Other manufacturers provide similar converters with similar
- Read our article on
before you buy one.
If you need to find information about Destinations or other Things
Travelers Need To Know, try Googling ThereArePlaces.