Travel Advice - A good way to get
those treasures back home
Travelers always seem to by an endless variety of goodies and gifts for
themselves, relatives, and friends at home. Trying to fit all the
purchases into your luggage usually does not seem to work.
- Most of us pack our bags to the brim at the start of the trip and
have no room for additions when we repack to head home.
- In addition, when you pack your luggage for the return trip, you
will find that worn clothes just do not pack as tightly as freshly
ironed and washed clothes.
We know that you will be tempted to cram all the items into a shopping
bag and we both know that the shopping bag will self-destruct on the way
to the airport.
In order to carry your treasures safely back home
- Pack an extra travel bag for loading at the end of the trip.
- We suggest carrying a foldable duffel bag.
- Layer the bag at the bottom of another piece of luggage before you
pack your clothes.
- Use it to tote your purchases during the trip home.
Do not wrap any of the items you purchased, as they may need to be
inspected when passing through security or Customs.
- Purchases that are fragile should not be placed in your luggage, as
it is unlikely that these items could survive baggage handlers.
- Do not pack valuables in luggage due the possibility of theft while
your luggage is in transit.
- Instead, carry small valuables on your person, in as secure a
manner as possible.
- Fit larger valuables into your carryon luggage, or ship them home
insured (see our article
It's too big to carry).
HomeIf you need to find information about
Destinations or other Things Travelers Need To Know, try Googling