Travel Tips - Use a sky filter filter to protect your expensive lens
If you own a 35mm SLR camera, or other camera whose lens takes
filters, consider buying a clear sky filter to protect the lens
from scratches, dust, and other forms of damage. Since the lens on any
camera is one of its most expensive parts and the one that seems to be
most often at risk, it is good insurance to buy a sky filter to protect
it from damage.
If you need to find information about Destinations or other Things
Travelers Need To Know, try Googling ThereArePlaces.
- A sky filter will usually cost less than $20 and is easy to clean
- Once you have installed one on the end of your camera’s lens, you
simply forget it.
- It does not need to be removed, as you can shoot pictures through
it without affecting their quality.
- These types of filters can vary dramatically in optical quality,
so be sure to purchase a quality filter.
- Note that sky, haze filters and others designed to protect your
lens can degrade the quality of images taken with telephoto lenses,
particularly those above 150mm.
Top of page