Travel Advice - Create an itinerary
to help others help youCreate an itinerary for your vacation that includes your contact
details (arrival dates, addresses, and telephone number of hotels,
resorts etc.) as well as your flight numbers and time and dates of
travel. [See our article on
how to create a comprehensive itinerary
for more detail.]
Leave a copy of your detailed itinerary with a trusted friend or
colleague. Although the major benefit of providing someone with
your itinerary is personal security, a second benefit is that it
allows you to be contacted if there is an emergency at work or home.
- When you are on vacation, if you have not left an itinerary with a
responsible party, it is as if you had disappeared off the face of the
- No one will know where you are, where you were going, or when you
were supposed to return.
- Only someone who has a copy of your detailed itinerary will be able
to render assistance to the authorities should your travels go awry.
- Make sure that those who have your itinerary know the circumstances
under which you do and do not want to be contacted.
A detailed itinerary is valuable for several additional reasons.
- It will help you remember the details of your vacation such as the
addresses of your hotels and the airports from which you will arrive and
- It is very easy to lose track of time when you are vacationing and
we find it very helpful to have the details in one place.
We keep a copy of our itinerary on a PDA and a paper copy for
- Save your travel related emails and use a word processor
to cut and paste them into a comprehensive itinerary containing
important reservation details.
Top of page
HomeIf you need to find information about
Destinations or other Things Travelers Need To Know, try Googling