Travel Tips - Handling that grimy public
Many people face the “restroom door challenge” with
trepidation, not wanting to touch the door but needing to open it.
- If you are inside, take a paper towel
and use it to cover your hand when you open the door. (Now you
know why there are so many trash bins located strategically outside
- If the door is a “push door” and there are no
towels, push it open with your hips or butt.
- If it is a “pull door”, there are no towels,
and you are wearing apparel that is long sleeved (e.g. sweatshirt,
jacket, etc.) slip your hand inside the material and use the apparel
as a glove while turning or pulling the handle.
- Or, you can do the "door tango" and wait for the person who is
in a rush to open the door for you.
- If you have touched the the door or any other
surface in the restroom, you may want to use a hand
If you need to find information about Destinations or other Things
Travelers Need To Know, try Googling ThereArePlaces.